Getting price quotes for alarm systems can be difficult, and you're likely to face a barrage of sales calls day-in and day-out for weeks. Learn how to get burglar alarm prices without the hassle of pesky sales calls with these 5 insider tips from SimpliSafe Home Security.
Shopping around for an alarm system these days isn’t easy, especially if you were a recent victim of a home burglary. When choosing a home security system, it basically comes down to 2 things: The quality of a product and PRICE! Researching the quality of a burglar alarm is easy these days with the help of independent and customer home security reviews. However, searching the costs of these alarm systems can lead to the huge hassle of annoying phone calls.
The problem is alarm prices aren't often published online, and most people are asked for their name, address, email, and telephone number before an agent will even provide a price quote over the phone. In some cases, you'll be told that you need a home visit to get a quote (believe us...this is pure hogwash and a classic alarm industry sales gimmick). Online alarm system price comparison sites have a nasty secret: their "get a quote" forms require your personal contact information so that they can sell it to all the alarm dealers within a 30 mile radius (fill one out and watch your cellphone blow-up with calls). Any way you cut it, you'll face a barrage of high pressure sales calls day in and day out, call after call after call for weeks!
Use these insider tips on how to avoid the pesky sales calls and get a competitive price quote at your convenience, not theirs!
- Shop Anonymously-Create a new email address for all your shopping. Get initial pricing information online or through email. Try to get as much pricing information as you can online before making any calls. Call only if you have specific questions on how the system works. Only use your real email address when you have made a full commitment to purchase because they may need to email you over important information regarding your alarm system. If you provide a website or sales rep with a phone number, use a Google Voice number: It will collect their messages without your phone ringing every 5 minutes. Check the messages at your convenience.
- Do your homework- It’s always good to know the number of entryways coming into your home. For example: doors, windows, and garage doors. If you need motion sensors let them know how many you think you may need. This will give them a better idea of what you’re looking for and it will help you get a quote a whole lot quicker too! Here’s a guide to help you choose the best security system and get just what you need: Getting The Perfect Alarm System For Your Home
- Stand your ground- If you can’t get any pricing online or by email, call an alarm company directly. If they ask for any personal information, don’t be afraid to tell them that you don’t feel comfortable providing it. Let them know that you're just looking for some basic pricing info and your comparing quotes from competitors. If they are reluctant to provide that sort of information, it’s probably not the home security company you want to go with.
- Arm Yourself with a Competitor's Price- Here at SimpliSafe our prices are public and published online. Use this easy Alarm System Price Tool and you'll get prices instantly without ever needing to provide any personal information. When you tell a sales rep that you already have another company's pricing, they will cut straight to the chase and begin negotiating with you, bypassing that annoying info gathering stage.
- Be alert- Take your time. Do your homework and don’t rush into anything without knowing all the facts. As always, the most important safety tip: If it doesn’t feel right to you, it probably isn’t. Always be alert and cautious when it comes to the security of your home.
Purchasing burglar alarm systems is a large investment, intended to protect your home and family. You should select your alarm company without any undue pressure from a salesperson.