There’s Something Terribly Wrong
with the Home Security Industry
SimpliSafe is on a Mission to fix it
For 100 years the alarm security industry has scared customers into signing nasty long-term contracts.
We believe being safe should be simple. SimpliSafe security systems are easy to self-install, easy to purchase direct online, and don’t require a phoneline or long-term contract. They are also wireless, cellular, and customizable.
“Protecting your family is important, but don’t ever sign a long-term contract. Do it the right way with SimpliSafe. They are the good guys.”–Dave Ramsey, financial expert & New York Times bestselling author. Listen to Dave’s review:
Sorry, flash is not available.
Get the code for 10% OFF!
We've applied your special offer!
10% OFF is now in your cart! We’ve also sent you an email with a special code—offer expires soon!
There’s something terribly wrong with the home security industry
Unlike SimpliSafe, most burglar alarms are far too expensive. Here’s why...
- though they bait you with a “$99” offer, there’s typically $1,500 of hidden fees beneath the hood
- they lock you into 2–3 year contracts that contain fine print such as auto-renewal clauses. (Click here to discover what an auto-renewal clause is, and why they’re so nasty the Government is considering making them illegal.)
- their alarms use old wired technology and they’re hard to use (so you need to pay a service engineer for even the most straightforward task).
SimpliSafe: a better way
At SimpliSafe, we deal directly with our customers
SimpliSafe's Features "At A Glance"
Some alarms have huge commitments of over $1,000. Ours don't.
Fortune Magazine describes how we're revolutionizing the expensive alarm installation industry with our wireless security systems and contract-free alarm monitoring services.
|SimpliSafe has no commitments||Others have huge commitments|
|Commitment||None||36 months at $42.99/month|
The New York Times described SimpliSafe alarms as
"All the bells and whistles for a lot less money"
SimpliSafe alarm systems are equipped to communicate with alarm monitoring centers via a GSM cellular link.
No Phoneline needed. No internet needed.
SimpliSafe alarms have no hidden charges. Many alarm companies have absolutely huge sneaky hidden charges. They advertise their alarms as being "from $99"—then they get you to sign a contract for over a thousand dollars—and you can't leave them for at least three years.
We're so confident you'll love your SimpliSafe alarm, we'll let you try it RISK-FREE, with an incredible no-risk 60-day money back guarantee.
SimpliSafe are fantastic reliable alarms that are easy to use, with no annual contracts and no hidden costs.
9 things to avoid when choosing an alarmWe listened to all the things you dislike about traditional burglar alarm companies... then fixed them
|Traditional Alarm Company||SimpliSafe - a better way|
|Old wired technology. Traditional alarm companies want to put wires in your walls, because they know that ripping their wires out is hard and expensive.||State-of-the-art 100% wireless technology. We took the latest in micro-chip technology and developed smarter software to offer you a robust and reliable security system. With wireless, there are no holes in your walls.|
|$42.99 per month.||Just $14.99 per month. SimpliSafe protects your home with COPS Monitoring — named BEST MONITORING in the Industry by the Central Station Alarm Association.|
|The moment you let them put a system into your home, you're typically locked into a $1,547 contract.||No annual contracts! Our customers stay with us because of our excellent product quality and helpful customer support.|
|Auto-renewal clauses that grab another $1,547 from you, if you don't cancel within 90 days of the end of your three-year term. If you forget to cancel, you're legally trapped—there's no way out.||No hidden charges, no commitment, and no sneaky tricks.|
|Many frustrated customers (just google "alarm system complaints" or "alarm contract complaints" and see for yourself).||Growing by word of mouth. (See our Facebook fan page.)|
|Uses a phone line to connect to the monitoring center. Burglars sometimes cut phone lines.||Uses its built-in and independent cellular connection, which is 5-10 seconds faster, and is uncuttable. No phone line required.|
|Prices are kept high because there are so many middlemen and salespeople involved.||We don't have expensive salespeople or middlemen. That's how we can afford to keep our prices so low.|
|Installation typically costs between $99 and $500. You'll need to take a day off of work, while the installer drills holes in your walls.||Set-up is easier than you could ever imagine. No tools needed, just adhesive pads. The unit actually talks to you while you're setting it up. One of our customers purchased a second system for his daughter's home and was "looking forward to the joy of installing it for her." Watch our easy installation video to see what he means. Does easy set-up mean the system is flimsy or less secure? No! Quite the opposite. No wires means there's nothing for burglars to cut. Read more. If a sensor is removed or tampered with, the Base Station will notice that it's not responding and alert the monitoring center.
In fact, here's a clever feature: recently, a burglar tried to disarm a SimpliSafe alarm by smashing the keypad with a baseball bat. The police were alerted immediately, via the Base Station, which stayed silent while it contacted the monitoring center. The burglar was apprehended a few minutes later.
|As soon as you sign up, there's no going back: you cannot cancel even if you try.||We put our money where our mouth is: you can try us completely risk free, with three amazing guarantees.
Guarantee 1: Satisfaction. Guaranteed.
See details. We at SimpliSafe are committed to providing you with only the best products and services. Our goal is to make your life an easier and safer one. If you are in any way unhappy or unsatisfied with your SimpliSafe product or service, please contact us and we'll do our best to make it right. Guarantee 2: Our 60-Day Complete Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee.
See details. You're covered by our generous 60-day happiness guarantee, which means you can return it (just phone us at 1-888-957-4675) at any time within the first 60 days for a full prompt hassle-free refund. As above, we'll even pay for return postage.
SimpliSafe is not for you if...
- If you have a huge home: If your home is larger than 20,000 square feet (about the size of a football field)—or if it has more than 50 windows on the first floor—you would probably benefit from a system that can handle a huge number of sensors. Our advice would be to go to one of the traditional contract security companies—and keep in mind the things we’ve warned you about.
- If you run a large commercial property—such as a shopping mall—you would probably benefit from a system that has CCTV or security guards, in which case you should probably go to one of the traditional contract security companies—and keep in mind the things we’ve warned you about.
|"No installation, no annual contracts, very smart."|
|"All the bells and whistles for a lot less money"|
|"They're cheaper and don't require hardwiring like traditional services do. You'll be alerted by phone, text message, or email if a door or window is opened."|
|"David vs Goliath, SimpliSafe vs ADT: SimpliSafe aims to upstage their larger rivals by giving consumers what they really want. Even without fancy marketing, word is spreading."|
|We have thousands of Facebook Fans. Click here to see how they're raving about us.|
See SimpliSafe's Five-Minute Installation Video
(a $7 value)
“7 ways to stop burglars from choosing your home.”
(a $7 value)
“If a burglar enters while you're in the house, here's what you must do.”
More Rave Reviews of Your SimpliSafe Alarm
|The intruder tried to avoid being caught by destroying the SimpliSafe alarm, but the dispatch center was alerted as soon as he entered the apartment. Laurans observed, "Even if the bad guys do take a baseball bat to it, it's too late."|
|Wireless Wonders: SimpliSafe is an affordable, but full-featured, wireless security system similar to the expensive, professionally installed ones.|
|Rating: Strong Recommend (the highest rating). "This is a system anyone could setup in under 30 minutes." See full review If you've got a car alarm, using the SimpliSafe system will come as naturally and easily. All sensor units come prepared with removable adhesive backs (the 3M variety that adheres well, but removes easily).|
|"Some things can keep you tethered to landline service, such as your home's security system. Not so with SimpliSafe Inc."|
|SimpliSafe was featured in Elle Decor's top punchlist.|
|There's no minimum contract, it's totally wireless, and it arrives at your doorstep pre-programmed.|
|SimpliSafe offers wireless, plug-and-play security for urban dwellers—increasingly being used in the era of disappearing land lines.|
|"This ingenious security system uses wireless technology..."|
|Security Doesn't Get Any Easier. Setup took less than 15 minutes from start to finish and drastically improved my peace of mind.|
|"SimpliSafe security system is inexpensive, transportable..."|
|SimpliSafe is our idea of not getting robbed.|
|I really like the SimpliSafe security system for its easy setup, expandability, custom setup options and ability to move with you if you relocate. I think the price for the system is really affordable when you compare it to other security systems on the market. It gets a thumbs up from me.|
|SimpliSafe is an affordable, full-featured wireless alarm system you can take with you whenever you move. It's linked to an emergency dispatch center, and there is no minimum contract. The product arrives pre-programmed and setup takes only 15 minutes.|
Tip: Choose this system if what you need is a burglar alarm. It’s an amazing system, whose cellular alarm monitoring has saved loads of apartment renters and home owners thousands of dollars on home security.
Tip: Choose this system if you:
- want to be able to control your system remotely from your computer or smartphone.
- need the fire monitoring coming in the Fall
- are purchasing SimpliSafe for a second home
- you need a very large system with multiple Keypads and more than 26 sensors.
How does SimpliSafe's Monitoring compare to ADT's
Cancel anytime. Renew your subscribtion whenever
When we say cancel anytime, we mean it. Just call us at 1-888-957-4675. We'll ask you for your "safe word" to ensure it's really you cancelling. There is NO cancellation fee, ever.
If you decide you'd like to renew your subscrition, there is no nasty "activation" fee that other companies charge.
Our UL Certified centeral Station is there for you 24/7
Established in 1975, our monitoring center has provided professional alarm response to millions of customers for over 30 years.
- Multiple fiber optic data lines provide redundancy
- Multiple uninterruptable power supplies and back-up gas generators
- Unique and custom software programs maintain the flow of emergency dispatching even in the event of national disasters
- Certified centeral station monitoring qualifies you for up to 25% off your homeowners insurance premium
How does Alarm Monitoring work?
A wireless sensor is triggered and
instantly alerts your Base Station
Unless you cancel the alarm with your "safe word", the operator will dispatch the police to your location to apprehend burglars and make sure you are safe.
SimpliSafe Instant Smart Alerts - stay in the know
- Alarm Event and Alarm Cancel Alerts: Get a back-up notification of all alarm events in addition to a call from our monitoring center
- Activity Alerts: We'll send you notifications whenever anyone turns on or turns off your alarm. We'll send you details like which PIN was used to disarm your system, so you'll know when your kids, housekeeper, landlord or pet caretaker arrive at your home and when they leave
- Error Alerts: peace of mind to know if something goes wrong with your system at home
- Smart Alert Log: An online log of all alerts is available in your SimpliSafe Account
Control your security from anywhere in the world
Online Command via your computer or smartphone
- Add PINs and name them so you can identify who is disarming the system
- Change sensor settings, add sensors, and name them
- Control system settings like Siren loudness, duration, and more
Email/SMS Text Alert
- Know when your alarm is triggered, when your system is armed or disarmed and by whom. Alerts sent to your email or via SMS text.
New Secret Alert!® feature
- Get an alert when an “alert only” sensor is triggered and know when private drawers, closets, jewelry cases, liquor & medicine cabinets are accessed.
Two Plans—Two Bargains
24/7 Alarm Monitoring
Professional Monitoring for less than 50 cents a day
- A team of UL Certified operators will ensure the safety of your home round-the-clock
- Subscribe and your system’s built-in micro cell phone will transmit your alarm signals
- No Phoneline Needed
No Annual Contracts means you can Cancel Anytime
- Alarm monitoring is completely optional
- Cancel or re-activate it anytime with no cancellation or activation fees
$14.99/monthCompare to 3 year Contract Plans by ADT $42.99/month, Xfinity $29.99/month
24/7 Total Alarm Monitoring + Online Command
24/7 Total Monitoring
- 24/7 Burglar Alarm Monitoring (Coming Soon: this plan will offer fire, carbon monoxide, freeze & leak/flood monitoring)
Online Command via your computer or smartphone
- Add PINs and name them—know who is disarming the system
- Control system and sensor settings, add/remove sensors & more!
New Secret Alert! feature
- Get an alert when an “alert only” sensor is triggered—know when private drawers, jewelry, liquor & medicine cabinets are opened
Email/SMS Text Alerts
- Know when your alarm is triggered, when your system is armed or disarmed and by whom. Alerts sent to your email/SMS text
$24.99/monthCompare to 3 year Contract Plans by Vivint $49.99/month, Xfinity $39.95/monthh
4 Things to Avoid When Choosing an Alarm
We listened to all the things you dislike about traditional burglar alarm companies... then fixed them
|Traditional alarm company||SimpliSafe—a better way|
Deceptive Equipment Pricing
Though they bait you promising a “$99” alarm—these come with $1500 worth of fees under the hood.
Honest & Affordable Pricing
All our pricing in published in plain view in our shop. You can customize your system. Most people spend $199-$399 on their customized alarms.
Sneaky contracts to lock you in
The moment you let them put a system into your home, you’re typically locked into a $1,547 contract at $42.99/month.
SimpliSafe has No Annual Contracts
No Hidden Charges and No Commitments! If you opt into monitoring, you’ll get the same UL Certified Monitoring starting at just $14.99/month.
Pay a stranger to enter your home
Installation typically costs between $99 and $500.
No Install Fees
SimpliSafe has an easy, DIY installation process. No tools needed, just peel and stick.
Their auto-renewal clauses grab another $1,547 from you if you don’t cancel within 90 days of the end of your three-year term. If you forget to cancel, you’re legally trapped—there’s no way out.
We mean it, No Annual Contracts! Cancel with us anytime by calling 1-888-957-4675.
|Total Minimum Payment||$1,647.00||$199.99|
What is an "auto-renewal clause" anyway?
Most alarm companies have an automatic renewal clause in their monitoring and service contract (and use teeny tiny font). This means that your contract will be renewed for 12 months (although it can be as high as three years), unless you cancel by mail within 30 days of the end of your contract. Many of the nation-wide and local alarm companies use this tactic. Cancelling early usually involves a penalty of 75% to 100% of the value of the contract.
SimpliSafe offers monthly alarm monitoring. There are no annual contracts to sign, so there's no fear of getting tricked by fine print and hidden fees. You can cancel your SimpliSafe alarm monitoring anytime by simply giving us a call.